Athlete of the Month
August K2's Athlete of the Month: Cosette StellernCheyenne East 3 sports athlete Cosette Stellern can't stand it.
"I hate losing. It's one of the worst feelings ever and so I just try to carry the momentum with the sports with my teammates," Stellern said.
The 2x Gatorade player of the year doesn't try, she does win. First, it was volleyball.
"Volleyball was unreal, going 33 and one and winning a state championship with that," she said. "Track was unreal, amazing for me. I just can't believe it right now."
The all state track and field athlete threw her way to victory in the shot put and discus this spring. Stellern's competitive nature comes from her Dad, who is also her coach.
"It's frustrating at times, but it's fun," Stellern said. "We are such a competitive family and we are always after each other to make sure everybody does their best no matter what. We really push each other to be the best that we can."
"Watching my own kid do it takes it to a higher level. It's...I can't even describe the feeling," her dad, John Stellern said. "It's just unbelievable because she works so hard and people don't see that."
What are the dinner talks like?
"Oh, everything. We look over film, we talk about stats, just whatever," she said.
"Our dinner talks are about don't stay out in the sun...stay away from the boys, you need to focus your energy on what you're doing," he said.
Stellern's sacrifices speak for her laser focus.
"Cosette was going to give up prom to go to the meet of champs or now it's called the coach's classic. She's that committed. She loves prom, she loves to dance, but she had said 'I'm going to the coach's classic'. Then it got snowed out and ended up getting to go anyway," He said. "She makes tremendous sacrifices that people don't see."
"God has blessed me with so much, with my athletic ability, my family, with my amazing teammates. Just everyone supporting me, it just feels unreal," Stellern said.
After a little dancing and two state titles, Stellern is our K2's athlete of the month. Reporting in Casper, Megan Salle, K2 Sports.
- K2 Athlete of the Month: Lulu Rochelle
- K2 Sports Athlete of The Month: Bailey Bard
- Loaf n' Jug Athlete of the Month: Caitlyn Skavdahl
- Loaf n' Jug Athlete of the Month: Ann Wingeleth
- Loaf & Jug Athlete of the Month: Tannar Galey
- Loaf n' Jug Athlete of the Month: NC's Sam Turner
- Loaf & Jug Athlete of the Month: Jerayah Davis
- Loaf & Jug Athlete of the Month: Ben Mancuso
- Loaf & Jug Athlete of the Month: Matt Johnson
- Loaf and Jug Athlete of the Month: Conner Lee
- Loaf and Jug Athlete of the Month: Dani Fischer
- K2 Athlete of the Month: Emma Norvelle
- Brecken Biggs: Gentleman, Scholar, Athlete
- K2 Athlete of the Month: Charlotte Marechal