Athlete of the Month
K2 Athlete of The Month: Ty Larson
"They would let us play but wouldn't let us use a ball, so we'd play football with an invisible football. So there was like six of us out there playing three on three football with no football," Larson said.
So how do you know the boys running down the field caught it or it's intercepted?
"It was just like throw it and they would say they caught it. Then they'd score and we'd have an argument saying they intercepted it and I'd say they caught it," Larson said. "Every since then and every year after that we finally got to play with a football and we all kind of fell in love with it."
As Larson got older, it was obviously what position he wanted on the field.
"Watching the Bearcats when I was younger, I was watching the quarterback. I always wanted to be the quarterback. I always looked up to him. I kind of just fell in love with the position too I think," Larson said. "I was a big fan of Shane Richendifer and Hayden Barker. Hayden Barker never lost a game here. I was big fans of both of those guys..."Back then, those guys we were on a 3-peat, state championship. They won like 30 games in a row."
He hoped to make history of his own, and Larson did. He's now fourth in the all-time Wyoming record books for single season passing yards.
- August K2's Athlete of the Month: Cosette Stellern
- K2 Athlete of the Month: Lulu Rochelle
- K2 Sports Athlete of The Month: Bailey Bard
- Loaf n' Jug Athlete of the Month: Caitlyn Skavdahl
- Loaf n' Jug Athlete of the Month: Ann Wingeleth
- Loaf & Jug Athlete of the Month: Tannar Galey
- Loaf n' Jug Athlete of the Month: NC's Sam Turner
- Loaf & Jug Athlete of the Month: Jerayah Davis
- Loaf & Jug Athlete of the Month: Ben Mancuso
- Loaf & Jug Athlete of the Month: Matt Johnson
- Loaf and Jug Athlete of the Month: Conner Lee
- Loaf and Jug Athlete of the Month: Dani Fischer
- K2 Athlete of the Month: Emma Norvelle
- Brecken Biggs: Gentleman, Scholar, Athlete
- K2 Athlete of the Month: Charlotte Marechal